Saturday, December 31, 2011

Young Achievers

By ZARINA PATEL

The bright, luminous morning of the year 2011 brings with it hopes and optimism for every one especially for young generation. We asked some outstanding young achievers about their future dreams and ambitions and last years performances.
Let us first introduce our interviewers.

Ahmed Akhlaq: For Ahmed only sky is the limit, believing in his dreams and acting to accomplish them is his foremost aim.
He got distinction marks both in Matriculation and in Intermediate and ranked among top 50 students in Intermediate exams held in 2007.
Final year student of Electrical in N.E.D University Karachi, Ahmed tells us about his dreams and inspirations.

Fahad Khan: Energetic and highly ambitious, Fahad Khan, is a CA finalist student associated with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP).
Prior to this, he was affiliated with The City School for O' levels and then opted to complete A' levels in one year as a private candidate.
In addition, he had attended 'International Assessments for Schools' examination held by the University of New South Wales.
Further, he had participated in various educational programs including the Dawn young world grand spelling bee contest and had also participated in various competitions conducted by UNICEF, Human Rights Education Programs and Save the Children Fund (UK) etc.
Fahad Khan tells us in detail his academic and professional achievements.

Rabia Khalid: On her way of perfection, Rabia is representative of new era Pakistani educated girl.
She have done BE Electronics, achieved 3rd position in her final year.
During studies she got opportunity to do internship in PIA engineering, which was a mesmerising experience of her life and after that she succeeded to acquire a project in collaboration with KANUPP.

Hafiz Shakir: Hifz-e-Quran, Shakir has done B.Com from the University of Karachi.
He is now a student of M.Com of the same University.
He also works in an international telecommunication company.
He tells us in details his workplace responsibilities and duties.

Warda Khan: Committed to her studies Warda has enrolled in N.E.D.
University 2011-12 batch in Computer Information and System Engineering.
She has passed intermediate with A-1 grade and her matriculation with 90 percent marks.
Let us read what they said about their, past achievements, present success and future plans:

Q- What are your last year success and goals for the year 2011? 

Ahmed Akhlaq: Scope of power sector is so vast especially in Pakistan.
It is the most emerging career now-a-days.
Many foreign investors are coming to Pakistan for investing in power sector as well.
I believe that having experience is equally important than academic knowledge.
One cannot have the exposure without visiting the site.
Prior information and awareness of industrial section before starting any business is very important.
My Career goal is to have my own industry or business related to power sector.

Fahad Khan: For the past 3 years, I have been a trainee in highly reputed firm.
I have also represented my firm in SAFA Students' conference held in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Karachi.
Further, I have attended various trainings in the field of audit and assurance conducted by the firm.

Rabia Khalid: After my graduation, I got a job in WorldCall Teleocm Ltd (Wireless Local Loop).
Since I was fresh graduate having no experience I learned and groomed myself a lot at this place.
Within time span of three years at WC I was not only promoted in my designation from assistant executive to executive engineer but was also chosen for a foreign training course last year, which is a great achievement for me as only two females including me have the privilege of going for a foreign training course on my company's behalf.
It is a big accomplishment in my career as I was selected among many of my male workmates which not only depicts my better performance but also reflects the confidence of my bosses and management have on me.

Hafiz Shakir: Externally, I answer all queries of customers upfront, handling their complaints, handling escalations on floor (while acting team leader).
And internally (managing performance and targets), team support and management, responsible for all types of training of the team, coaching and counseling of team members, training and development management of the team, managing team's quality and productivity, recommending process changes with objective of improvement, co-ordinating with other departments for improvement.
I would want to be a big name in my field and after a decade want to lead a big telecom sector organisation.

Warda: I always use to enjoy the numbers and figures.
Therefore, in this texture I enjoy math a lot. N.E.D. always used to select the students on merit basis.
To confirm my seat in N.E.D. and in my dream department is a very challenging and rewarding experience.
Computer information and system technology has a wide scope not only in Pakistan but also a round the world. I always have a passion towards computer software and programming.
It gives a chance to create inceptions and help the society.
My goals are to help the humanity with my actions as I think our purpose of existence is to help one another.

Q- If you get the chance to bring changes about the country this year, what would you do?

Ahmed Akhlaq: To me the best way to serve my country is to be loyal and sincere to my studies, to show respect to my lecturers because they are preparing me to reach my goals, I take interest in studies to enhance my skills and get to know about new things.
I keep telling my friends that this time is precious.
I will concentrate to work for the betterment of underprivileged youth.
As a first step, I will gather youth like Shehzad Roy to promote slogan of 'Education for All' because it is the best way to discourage evil and criminal forces to grab poor illiterate people.

Fahad Khan: I would change the justice system of Pakistan, as I believe the entire routines of life circulate around it.
The more just the system the more successful is the nation, in the case of Pakistan, we had struggled the most in this area ever since the inception.

Rabia Khalid: I will simply synchronise the educational system of Pakistan, that is same education will be provided to all the students living in any part of the country without any discrimination.
If the less fortunate are also provided with the equivalent education, which the elites used to get them will be the genuine competition.
Also will bring in a system by which citizens like me who wants to do something for Pakistan can join in and give their voluntary services by teaching/guiding those unfortunate who were unable to educate themselves and are now too old to go to educational institutes can fulfil their desire to learn.

Hafiz Shakir: I want to spread education, in every village.
If Sri Lanka can achieve 97% literacy rate we can do it as well and when our next generation got education it will change their thinking and collectively that will bring a positive change in our country as Elbert Hubbard said: Positive anything is better than negative nothing.

Warda Khan: Education nowadays is less a utility than a business.
I'll promote free and quality education system with the facilities of extra curricular activities to the rural areas of the country.
To me good student must give equal time to education and other curricular activities as well.
Bookworms and pedantic students can change their fate but not the fate of whole nation.

Q-Do you think young generation lacks abilities to face the challenges of year 2011? 

Ahmed Akhlaq: No, young generation have more courage and power of decision-making.
Of course, some of youth involve in criminal activities but most of us have more care for our future.
For example, without acknowledgements of facts behind the boycott of the exams, it is impossible for me or any other responsible boys to support even friends.
If the arguments are valid then of course we will support them.
Otherwise, we would try to suggest better solution of the problem and consult with higher authorities as well.

Fahad Khan: No! Not at all, I believe young generation is the strength of this nation and they are ready to face the challenges of tomorrow.
I believe that we have intelligence, strength and most importantly the ability to use these for competing and gaining success in various fields of life, so the youth is ready to confront any challenge.

Rabia Khalid: The challenges are only the problems that our elders have left for us.
We do not have solutions to these problems yet, but we will eventually.
Our youth is knowledgeable; bright and computer literate so do not discourage them as they're doing the best with what has been left to them.
Numerous reasons such as depression, hopelessness and lack of attention from family etc, urges adolescents to indulge in criminal activities.
By giving complete and regular attention we can save our generation.

Hafiz Shakir: This generation got loads of potential to do good for our country, they want to excel but they don't have opportunities and guidance as well, eventually they fail.

Q- What is your new year resolution and preference?

Ahmed Akhlaq: Life is a precious gift of God and we get it once. So in the year 2011, I will make full use of my time, I will give equal time to my academics and charitable activities.

Fahad Khan: At this stage as a student, my new year resolution is to study hard and clear my professional exams and to perform my daily duties as an honest and humble Muslim. Career is far more important to me than money. I believe that money is barely a by-product of an individual's vision(s), goals or other objectives, including career milestones.

Rabia Khalid: My new year's resolution is to discover something new possibly considering a career change, to learn new language. To me career building is more vital than just earning high-income bracket.

Hafiz Shakir: I will look forward towards my success and avoid failures. Success to me is about vision.
It is the ability to rise above the immediacy of pain. It is about imagination, sensitivity, connectedness and personality.

Warda Khan: New year resolution is to make everyone happy with my acts especially my ALMIGHTY, ALLAH. In addition, to learn from my previous mistakes and not to repeat them again.

1 comment:

  1. My parents anre both working in govt bank as officers and they are earning good and living a good lifestyle.
    Career Counseling Services

    ReplyDelete

Comments